Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wednesday Update

Evan is doing really well today. If he clears a little more fluid from his lungs and around his heart today, he will be off the respirator this afternoon. He is busy sucking away at his pacifier and looking around. He got upset when he saw me today. It was like he was saying "mom help me, what the hell is going on?" Then I got upset. But he calmed down. It will be hard not to pick him up for a few days. But by the end of the week he will be out of the ICU and they will teach us how to pick him up and slowly start feeding him. They say he will be such a good eater now he will drown himself with milk if we don't start out slow! I can't wait for my fat baby.

Life in the hospital is interesting. I'm not a people lover, so I'm not too happy about getting run down by people, especially in the cafeteria. I mean, I know you're hungry people, but pushing to get to hospital cafeteria food? Issues, people! And one bathroom for all of the guests on the third floor? You've got to be kidding me. I just hold my breath and dive in like Elaine on Seinfeld on the airplane. And then there is the one family in the family waiting room that sits at the one table all day and doesn't let anyone else eat there. I've had it and I'm going to give them attitude today. It's been too long since I've given attitude and I'm about to burst!

1 comment:

ellehinck said...

So glad to hear he's doing well!!! You guys must be so relieved.
PS--great Seinfeld reference!!