Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Evan Update

OK, so I found internet and have an update! We had a pager that they used to update us during the surgery. Then we finally got to see him around 1 or so. We were afraid to see him hooked up to all the wires and tubes, but it wasn't as bad as I thought It would be. He really looks good. He is as of right now holding his own heartbeat and all the other vitals look great. He will be sedated through the night and will probably be slowly woken up tomorrow. So it is a good update. I'm sure I will post another update tomorrow.

The technical jargon being thrown around here is hard to understand. A little frightening. Then I remembered from working for the government that everything sounds really important and contains a lot of acronyms. I have other stories to tell about my sleep deprived delirium. Later, I guess, it's time for cafeteria food! Yum, yum.

3 comments:

gina said...

Thanks for taking time to update us all when you have so much on your mind! So relieved surgery went well for your precious little man. xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear everything went well!

Anonymous said...

YAY EVAN!!! Thanks for the update mom!!