Friday, March 7, 2008

This Sucks

The day after we went fishing, I felt that there was really something wrong with Evan. He wasn't eating. We went to the doctor's at Walter Reed Army Medical Center and, well, we are still there. Evan was admitted for his heart failure and we await the decision of when to operate. We are supposed to be moving in 2 weeks, but I may not be. Surgery may be in a week and a half. If he gets stronger after the surgery, it was meant to be. I kind of want to get it over with here because one of the best pediatric cardiovascular surgeons in the country would be operating on him and everything is in place for it to happen if needed.

I will update soon. Amelia is here for comic relief. The faces and sounds she makes are enough to keep us laughing all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenny!! Keep us posted, we will be thinking of your little guy!! I am glad your sister is there with you for a bit!!! I cannot imagine..........
((((HUGS))))

Christy said...

Ah! This is not happy news, I'm sorry to hear this...I'm sure it is too much stress at one time...I hope that little Evan will get better after the surgery and I'm glad to hear you have one of the best surgeons on your side! They are both so darling! :)