Friday, January 28, 2011

Funny Stories

The Post Office

Last week I had to send a package. I thought I had enough time before pool therapy. I was wrong.
I thought I would try to not bring the kids in their stroller. Maybe they would behave better this time. (wrong).
I was trying to fill out a form and the kids were running around. Evan even laid on the ground behind some trash barrels. Four people cut in front of me as my world was coming down around me. I finally got them under control, was called up to the postal worker, but had to fill out another form. They bolted from me. I had to drag them back, push them against the counter, and hold each child against it with a leg and knee. I heard people laughing behind me. Then as if it can't get any worse, which let's face it, it's me so it ALWAYS gets worse, Amelia's pants fell around her ankles as we walked across the parking lot and she didn't say anything, so her pants are covered in mud. Oh well! So we went into swimming with no pants on.

The Library

Now I have had noise level issues with my children (have I!!), but yesterday they were perfect. Yes, finally!! No, this one is all me. I forgot a bag to carry the books in, so I had to try and get out of the library with a giant stack of books and DVD's (John is addicted to putting DVD's on reserve), while holding onto two 3 year olds. So I had the stack in my right arm and Amelia's hand in my left and Evan held onto Amelia (they finally do this). But wait, how do you get out two sets of doors?? Well luckily there were handicap buttons. I got to the first door and raised my knee to hit the button, then fell over onto Amelia, who fell onto Evan, who fell onto and tipped over a trash can. Of course no one helped me, why would they, people suck and I hate them. I held my head up high, re-arranged everything and everybody and tried again with success. It was just a learning curve. The second door was a complete success!!

The Bakery

I always tell Amelia, "Turn your frown upside down." I try to get her to laugh instead of throwing a pouting fit. That stopped working, so I told her to turn her frown sideways (upper lip to the left, lower lip to the right). She loves trying to do that. So we went to the bakery last week while Evan was in therapy. They have yellow smiley face cookies and blue sad face cookies. The lady asked her which one she wanted and Amelia said, "I want a sideways face cookie." Amelia was just staring at the bakery lady with her lips all weird looking. I was laughing so hard! Another "what is wrong with these people" moment, for sure!

No comments: