Friday, January 7, 2011

Dreaming Big

Well no one told me that kids know what they want out of life so early!  As they approach their third birthday, it seems like their dreams get bigger every day. They are done with their little pre-school and are moving on to bigger and better things!

All of a sudden around Christmas time Amelia became interested in the Disney princesses and ballerinas. Princess ballerinas are preferable. Then one day last week she started asking to wear a ballerina skirt every day. Lucky I had a couple of random ones from old pajamas and outfits (18-24 months, but still fit her!). We are going to the Y for ballet next week (along with a bunch of other little classes). All she wants to do is wear her ballerina slippers and skirt now. She picked out black slippers and a black leotard so they will match different color tutus. I don't know how she got that idea, but she's right! I'm going to order a sparkly hot pink tutu from Etsy today.

They also want to be in a marching band. Evan has become obsessed with the trumpet. He's been playing one on John's iPad and when he saw a cheap plastic toy trumpet from across the drugstore, he tore his hand out of mine and ran to it. I always thought the trumpet would be perfect for him because you only need three fingers to play it. And I love the trumpet and secretly wish I would have chosen to play that. My dad and grandpa played the bugle, so maybe it's in the genes.  They have been watching the marching bands during televised parade season, and Amelia has informed me that she wants to be a "flag girl". Maybe I will have two kids in the Drum and Bugle Corps!


Last day of school, birthday mini-cupcakes!


What's better than ballerinas? Cheerleaders and ballerinas dancing to hip-hop! (Disney Christmas parade)



Amelia being sassy.

No comments: