Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Big Boy/Girl Now

They are growing up so fast. They are full of spunk. Amelia is sassy and makes me laugh. Evan thinks giving us grief is the funniest thing ever. He has this little evil laugh when we get aggravated with him. Oh the joys. I find it so funny myself that I have to leave the room for a second and silently laugh.

They are getting bigger, but still on the way to small side of weight. A few weeks ago Evan was 23.8 lbs (<3%), and Amelia was 21.6 (<3%). Yes, that's not zero percentile anymore! And they are both 15% in height. So that makes them just the cutest little things in my book (and several others I know's books).  The Navy switched our pediatrician AGAIN and now we have an older gentleman who, like the other older gentleman last year, does not seem too worried about their growth. They were living, breathing, and looked pink, so they are just fine. Can I get someone in the middle, please?

They are getting their toddler beds in the mail this week, so we are busy trying to get their rooms ready. They love saying, "I'm a big girl" and "I'm a big boy". The cribs need to be gone because they climb out often, but I'm not looking forward to trying to keep them in their rooms at night. Especially Evan, who doesn't want to go to sleep ever. Once he is asleep, he is a rock, though. Amelia loves to go to sleep, but she is the one who still wakes up in the middle of the night at least once. So I will have to deal with getting her back in her room. Oh, well, it has to happen at some point. It should be interesting.

We also sit at the table all together now. I was waiting to move before setting up a table, but now since we will be here longer I have no excuse. But all they do is push the table around with their legs. Nothing will stop them and our hair is falling out.

Here is an awesome little movie that makes me tear up every time I watch it. It shows my hero, my Evan! My Hero.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

They are so cute and that movie was just awesome!