Monday, December 8, 2008

The Jumpsy Twins

They are crazy! They have so much energy, especially Amelia. They both are high energy until they drop around 8:30pm.

Evan is now bouncing up and down on his knees, throwing himself at the fence to try and stand up, and with a little reassuring push from me, stands holding onto the fence with both arms. This makes him laugh hysterically, like, "Look at me everybody!" Another favorite activity of his is taking off his sock and looking at me so I can yell, "Hey, what happened to your sock!" And when I ask him, he always knows where his sock is. A couple of days ago, he got sick of me asking and actually crawled 8 feet over to it, picked it up, and gave me a look like, "Here it is, you couldn't see me looking at it? Geez, Ma!" Maybe I shouldn't have introduced that game because all he wants to do is take off his socks now. I also showed him how to smell his feet after he takes his socks off. I know, but I couldn't resist. He said "Mum-mum" right at me on Saturday night, so I'm calling that one. And he says, "Moo" in his deep man voice when I ask what the cow says.

OK, I have to interrupt because right now in front of me, Amelia is trying to do a somersault on her own. Of course I taught her, but she's never tried all alone before. I have to get the camera now and wait for her to do it again...

Amelia is just excited and high energy about everything. When she sees me, she crawls or walks over super fast. When I pick her up, she jumps like a frog onto my shoulder and squeezes me. She also started hugging her stuffed animals. She prefers her kitty and Curious George dolls over her baby doll. When I'm down on the floor with them, she is constantly throwing her toys over me and then diving over me to get them. Now she knows how to tuck her head from our somersault sessions, so she dives over and ends in a somersault. She stands on my legs so I can flip her backwards, too. Whenever she hears someone say "uh-oh", you can hear her little voice from wherever she is: "Uh-oh".

I am so glad they entertain each other now. Sometimes they fight over toys, but they also can play contently for quite awhile. Evan likes to play with the buttons on Amelia's sweaters and Amelia just stares at him. They babble together, then scream babble (scrabble?) together.

Here is a video of them jumping together, but the jumpy that Amelia is in is an exersaucer and she is not supposed to jump in it!

No comments: