Sunday, September 16, 2007

What's your sleep number?

Turns out mine is 349XYZ#$%&!

I'm only 20 weeks and already going to bed is an intricate operation. Did you know that pregnant women should be sleeping on their left side? All of the time? You can't sleep on your back because your uterus will flatten on your babies and the blood can't circulate. You can't sleep on your right side because your heart does not pump the blood down there very good. I also have this problem of my hips killing me because I'm in the same position for so long.

Here is my set-up to prevent middle of the night uterine collapsing in a semi-comfortable manner:

- Two pillows stacked longways along my back so I if I roll over I can't.
- Two pillows stacked between my legs. This allows many options of comfort: 1) two legs under stack, 2) one pillow between legs, 3) two pillow between legs, 4) one pillow under both legs, 5) one pillow under lower leg, second pillow between legs.
- One little pillow in front to hug and not roll too much forward.
- One pillow under head.

Somehow I still wake up staring at the ceiling.

Now try getting out of a pillow fortress 3 or 4 times in the night to go pee, careful not to pull a ligament. It's not so much getting out, actually, it's getting in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You almost killed me just now! So I am at work. Not "working" but reading your blog. Enjoying new strawberry mini wheats. No milk of course. Choking on mini wheat pieces! Sharp mini wheats stuck in my throat. Everything you say is so hilarious. Next time I'll have to eat after I read! Thanks for the laugh!