Sunday, September 30, 2007

Curly Wurly and Flake

I am rather disappointed that I have had no cravings. I thought it would be cool to have John run out and get me pickled herring at 1 am. Instead, I think about things I have always thought of my entire life, which all include chocolate. Since I'm trying not to eat a lot of it, I decided to focus in on only the chocolate products that are worth my sugar intake. I'm not eating any of that generic chocolate crap, like raisins or peanuts covered in non-milk-based chocolate. I want quality.

Thanks to my sister, I was once again turned on to Cadbury. I had forgotton how creamy that chocolate is. Since it is a U.K. company, I cannot get all of the amazing flavours they create, like Curly Wurly (milk chocolate over a caramel strip) or Flake (flaked and rolled milk chocolate). They even have mint flavoured! For now I will deal, but I am seriously thinking about placing an order with an import chocolate shop. Please place an order with me if you are interested!

OK, this is not a craving. Possibly an obsession??

Anyway, here is a list of items I obsess over on a daily basis:

1) Oreo Double Stuf- I could eat a row of these every day. And that's being conservative.
2) Cadbury Irish Creme- it's like Bailey's caramel inside!
3) Cadbury Fruit and Nut- the old stand by.
4) Snickers Dark- imagine this as an ice cream bar?!
5) Elvis Peanut Butter and Banana Cups- these are no longer being made : (
6) Tagalong (Peanut Butter Patty) Girl Scout Cookies- can't wait until March!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Mmm tagalongs. If you don't have wild cravings, is that an indication that your children will be sensible eaters?

I tried garlic ice cream this weekend. Don't recommend it :p

Unknown said...

You can get Cadbury Flake at the Irish store in Annapolis. Although I think you might be disappointed. In Europe and Australia, you can get an ice cream cone at McDonald's with a flake stuck in it, but by itself, not that exciting.

But, more importantly, it should be Girl Scout cookie time in Baltimore right now!!! Apparently there is an option to sell GS cookies in the fall and they do in B'more. I have seen stands on the weekends in Fells Point and I'm not sure, but possibly even in Crofton. Tagalongs are worthy of sending John on a road trip. :-)

And as for the Reeses with banana cream? Yuck. When will they stop messing with the pure goodness of the original Reeses cup?

Anonymous said...

Did you know that some troops can choose to sell cookies in the fall too??? I have a case of Thin Mints coming!!!!! I can send you a box!!!!