Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ouch!!

OMG! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

Last night I awoke with the most terrible pain ever. Twice. What I had was round ligament stretching pain- for two hours total. Yes, there were tears, fetal positions, and legs propped up on walls last night. Shout out to John for all his help. I will probably be getting this pain often. Yay.

"The pain is felt in the lower abdomen and groin area. There are two cord-like muscles located at the top of the uterus that extend through the abdominal wall and end in the vulva. Throughout pregnancy, the round ligaments will stretch and grow with the growing uterus and this can cause pain for the mother."



I don't know whose round ligament this is, but I was in the mood to gross people out.

Somehow I only heard about this in my pregnancy books. Why? I'd like to ask that to all the mothers out there I know. They conveniently forgot to mention this. I realize that I'm having twins and have to stretch a lot more, so they are off the hook for now. From what I see on T.V. (Baby Story), my belly will be the size of a hippity-hop, one of my favorite toys from the 70's/80's.

Making my belly a hippity-hop for halloween would much more interesting than the typical pumkin.** What do you think?



**Disclaimer: In case you are unaware, I am very sarcastic. The picture to the right above is photoshopped by me and I would never really do that to my belly. Unless I felt like being a smart ass..... oh, wait. Never mind about the disclaimer.

No comments: