Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Corey's Farm Day



















Corey's Farm Day was on Monday. I can't believe a year has gone by since the last one. It is a day on the farm for special kids with physical differences or developmental delays to be close to animals and ride ponies and horses. It is such a wonderful thing for these kids. Every area needs one of these.

Evan demanded us to go on two antique tractor rides and both Evan and Amelia rode a pony. They also pet all of the farm animals and got cowboy hats and bandanas, which they refused to wear.

We have been very busy. Over the weekend we went on a miniature steam train and yesterday we went to the zoo. Train, farm, zoo, all within a few days of each other. I remember when I was a kid, we waved to the cows on the way to the zoo, where we rode the train. Once a year. And that's the way we liked it!

Now we are getting ready to visit grandparents in Florida (8.5 hour flight with layover) and visit the Magic Kingdom for two whole days!  I want to be able to upload pics from my phone again, but it's not working, so we'll see.

Anyway, here are some more pics and a video of Amelia on the pony. I couldn't get Evan because I was walking with him.

Big boy haircut yesterday!




1 comment:

Laura said...

My SIL loans her horse Topper to a therapy group in Las Vegas where they live. And she used to do it here in Maryland when they lived here too. The horse is always better behaved for the therapy riders than he is for my SIL. He knows what to do and how to do it with a special needs rider. It's amazing to see.