Friday, June 19, 2009

Mini-Donut Mania




Many friends and family members have reached out to say that the pediatrician is nuts to change so many things in E & A's daily routine at the same time. She is a serious, hardcore lady who wants to see more fat on my kids. My sister says that she is just a hardcore $itch.

She is a full Captain in the Navy. She means business. She is also a nurse practitioner, not a doctor. She also said that if she could, she would load kids up with 8 vaccines at the same time. I do not like her. She does, however, show me that she cares enough to keep an eye on my kids' health. The last few pediatricians were extremely nonchalant about their development. I got no direction.

So now I know what I need to do. Get more fat on them. I will not be doing it all her way, though. Stopping the bottle, feeding them only whole milk, and changing their diet all at the same time is insane. I can't believe I even tried to attempt what she said to do. I have had a horrible past few days. I checked the fat content of the formula for toddlers and there is slightly more fat in it than whole milk. So who gives a crap if they keep getting formula? I am now making formula and adding milk to it. A 75/25 ratio. I will gradually add more milk. And as for the bottle, if I give it to them in a sippy cup, they only drink a little and then starve, not getting the fat they are supposed to be getting.

To get more fat in them, I am trying a million things. It is hit and miss. The most successful has been mini-chocolate donuts. They both had at least four or five this morning. Maybe I will start giving them a double mocha frappachino with whip cream to choke them down. Then the Cap'n can call an ambulance to transport them to their appointments because they can't fit into our minivan. Of course I'll have to arrange for the crane to bring them down from the upstairs window first.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

How about feeding the little ones the krispy kreme bacon cheeseburgers we read about a couple of years ago? They have got to be calorific! And don't forget the milkshake to go with it.