Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Two's: Terrible or Terrific?



The past week has been challenging. Evan and Amelia are in the process of perfecting their 'tudes and fighting skillz. Amelia likes to steal whatever toy Evan has, pull him by the arm, and push him down. But don't feel sorry for Evan, he will quietly sneak up on Amelia and sit on her so she cannot escape.

As we speak, they are both standing on top of their little play table. The word "down" makes them giggle.

They both know what time-out is and will tell me "time-out" after I've told them a few times to stop being bad and they don't.

But with the bad comes good. The best. They are so full of life, talking, saying the alphabet, counting, telling me what they want to watch on TV. This morning Amelia started counting like The Count. Two, ah, ah, ah. They are so much fun.

Yesterday they told me they wanted to see the elephants and tigers, so we stopped by the zoo in Tacoma quick after some errands (we have a membership), just for a half hour to see the elephants and tigers, which are right next to each other (very small zoo). Evan tried to eat a goat pellet. Amelia now says "meercats". Two peacocks followed us to the van and ate crumbs off of the van floor. On the way home I watched Evan in the mirror balance Pringles on his head. What a great day!

Here are a couple of videos that I absolutely love. I got them new slippers and baby dolls. Evan has a boy baby doll because when I showed it to him in the store, he kissed it. How could I not?



1 comment:

Tracy said...

Too cute. You know the two's aren't that bad. Its the threes. Now the threes are really trying. LOL.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/margaretreed1