Friday, February 6, 2009

Who needs toys?

Toys are overrated, overly expensive, and full of lead. All you need is a Gatorade bottle. You can even leave that little last bit of liquid in it that, for some reason, you never finish. Add another bottle and you got cymbals! Just don't let your kids drink out of them 'cause of the BPA (Bisphenol-A).

The fence is gone now and so are the toys. We are flying out Saturday and I only brought some tiny toys that I could fit into the diaper bag. It's hard to fit toys when we need 40 diapers! We will all be living out of 1 giant suitcase for about two weeks. I only have 1 pair of shoes with me- quick, someone call channel 8.

We created a play area using walls, a dresser, a toy box, couch cushions, etc. It's not working out so well. They are chewing on the window sill, opening drawers, scaling the giant beanbag. I'm exhausted.






OK, most of those pics were taken before the fence was gone. Here is an update. It is Saturday now and I'm going insane. We are at my father-in-laws with no baby barriers. I cannot handle two babies running around. They are running around like crazy and when I'm rescuing one of them, the other needs rescuing, and so on and so on. Rescuing from what? Remote controls, crawling under end tables, running down the hall, lint in the mouth, and so on and so on. No playards, fence, cribs, or even high chairs. On top of all that, they aren't sleeping well on the floor so John and I have had hardly any sleep this week. My brain doesn't work correctly and I am saying the wrong words in my sentences. (I've been calling the stair railing a mantle.) I want my mommy!!!!






2 comments:

Laura said...

Ha! Our boys just revealed their love of Gatorade/soda bottles this week. Although we should've thought to try it sooner since they also double as one of the best dogs toys you'll never have to buy!

gina said...

i lost 5 pounds just reading about you running around.