Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mmm...Cardboard...and some bitching.



I couldn't wait to get into the house so we could create a fence out of some boxes. Unfortunately, I had to start taking wet brown paper out of their mouths. I wonder where that came from. I have covered most of the boxes with sheets now, but they, and by they I mean Amelia, seem to be obsessed with putting fuzzies into their mouths now.


Our fence should be here on Friday along with the rest of our CT stuff. It will be 3 1/2 weeks without cribs. I think this is just awful to do to military families. How can they do this to people every couple of years? Horrible, in my opinion. There's nothing we or you or anyone can do. It's government and that's just the way it is and we have to accept it. I would march on Capital Hill, but I'm too tired right now.


And don't even let me get into military health clinics and how they insist on telling me every time I need to see a doctor that "no children are allowed". I'm thinking about writing someone on this. What are military spouses supposed to do with no family around and a husband who is gone or not allowed to babysit? Just what the hell are we supposed to do? I ignore this message and I'm sure everyone else in my predicament (most military spouses) ignores it, too. My problem is that it makes us angry or hurt every time we are told this over the phone. I want the bleeping message bleeping GONE.


On a lighter, sunshinier note, a Case Manager from the Bremerton Naval Hospital called and asked me if I was interested in having her help us out with all of Evan's referrals. I told her that, quite frankly, I was shocked that I was even speaking to one. I have been trying to get one since he was born. Bethesda Navy Hospital, you suck. Walter Reed, you suck. Athens Tricare, you suck. Groton clinic, you suck. Bremerton, are you my savior? Is it real? Anyway... I am taking the kids to meet her next week because, well, she just wants to meet us and I think that that's great. She is going to help me get outside care if I choose to, especially for Evan's back. Not a chance in hell is an Army doctor operating on my son's spine. You've seen Greys Anatomy, right? Well, maybe if it was that doctor (with his shirt off).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until they eat the fuzzies from between their toes.

Laura said...

Only if he has his shirt off AND I'm allowed to sit in the balcony and watch him work... Aaaahhh.... McDreamy... Maybe McSteamy will join him....