Thursday, March 4, 2010

Disneyland Anonymous

Is it normal for a 2 year old (barely 2) to be obsessed with Disneyland? Does the addiction start this early, or is it just my 2 year old?

When we went to Disneyland last October, people kept saying, "Well, she won't remember anything." Which annoyed me. Of course.  Because it's not about what she remembers when she's 20. It's about what she's experiencing in the moment. And me witnessing it.

I just noticed I am using the term "she". Of course my Amelia is the one with the affliction! She's a girl, a smart cookie, who still remembers a lot about Disneyland.  Since we left the park, she has been talking about Mickey kissing her and seeing Goofy.  Yesterday she said to John: "Daddy, I want to hug Pooh again. And Tigger."  She talks about riding boats (It's a Small World) and tea cups and elephants. Her favorite show is a Disneyland sing-a-long with the real characters marching through the park. She loves Mickey's Clubhouse and My Friends Tigger and Pooh. She even knows the minor characters. I mean, she even knows who Pete is. Pete!

It just so happens that John gets some days off in the spring. And since it's only a two hour flight, hmm.... I wonder where we'll be!

Amelia tucking in her Disney pals for night-night:

No comments: