Friday, April 18, 2008

We are so not back in business!











Well, our internet will not be functioning until the cable company digs a new line on Monday. I have so many pictures and movies! I guess I will just throw some up. It would be nice to talk about some of the crazy stuff going on, but I don't have time. I'm in the base hotel lobby right now borrowing some wi-fi.

On Athens, I will say that I love it here. The people are so nice. It is good to be back in the South for that reason. The only negative is that there is no body of water. My map shows that there is a river somewhere, so maybe I will have to check that out. Oh, yes, our welcome to Georgia: The first night I was washing bottles at 2am and a visitor welcomed me. A giant palmetto bug (flying cockroach) skittered under the toaster oven. I didn't scream, I didn't to anything. I was too tired. I decided to deny that it ever happened. Nope, I did not have time or energy for that. You may think that that is pretty gross, but trust me, it probably found it's way out (yeah, right). What I learned from living in New Orleans, which I will now resume doing, is to fumble down the hall loudly so the bugs hear me. And just in case they didn't, I will turn on the light with my eyes closed and then open them after three whole seconds. That way I will never know.

Anyway, the babies are doing wonderful. Amelia only wants to be upright. Even in her carseat, where babies are supposed to lay down, she hold her darn head up! And they are talking like crazy. Amelia is close to 10 lbs, Evan is close to 9!

No comments: