Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Evan and Amelia



Evan Charles and Amelia Jeanne (pronounced Zhen, like Zsa Zsa) were born non-au naturale last week on Jan. 9th. I will save all that birthing drama for another entry. They are absolutely unbelievable. Their personalities are exactly what I thought they would be.

Evan loves to stare at you and take everything in around him. Very observant. He has my hair, but even more red (I was born with red hair). I love it!! He has his dad's eyes for sure. He makes random noises that crack us up. Sometimes it's like he is yelling "HEY!" I never think about his arm. It is not as shocking or short as I thought it would be. He is so sweet, I can tell he will be very caring. He eats very slowly and methodically until he is full.



Amelia loves to eat and constantly move around. Her arms and legs go at full speed. She lifts her head up and can roll from side to side. She can shimmy out of every blanket she is swaddled in. We just can't keep her arms inside. When she relaxes, she's goes completely limp, with her arms above her head and her legs stretched out. This and her funny faces make her dad laugh hysterically. Then I laugh at her dad. After a week of this, we are delirious, though. She eats like a little piggy and won't stop until she pukes. We've learned to stop her before that happens now.



John and I are tired most of the time, but have managed to finally watch the news and send out pictures. We finally went out with them yesterday. We took them to Walter Reed for their first checkup. But their first official outing would be where else? Target! We stopped on the way home. Mom and dad love Target (who doesn't?), so it was very appropriate. A lot of people stopped us to look at them or tell us a story about someone they knew with twins and the adventures they had. We might try to get out again soon. Before they stop sleeping so much! One thing to note is that when one of them cries or screams, the other one- they sleep next to each other- does not even flinch. I don't know how they ignore each other. I have heard that having twins sleep near each other can be a problem because they wake each other up. Not these guys. I will have to get some video of that.

No comments: