Wednesday, September 16, 2009

V

Within the past couple of weeks, I have frequented a couple of the local malls. The usual problems I have with the double stroller and mall pedestrians occurred (of course) time and again. You know, walking towards me, jumping out in front of me, etc. It was not until I drove over to the giant mall just south of Seattle that I experienced a new pattern. Bigger mall, jerkier people, I guess. I like to call this pattern the "V". Here is how it goes: As I approach slow moving people who are walking side by side, I make a decision to try to go around them (yes, everyone tends to walk slower than me pushing a huge honking stroller!). As I start to come around the side, they break apart while walking forward, creating a "V" shape. The "V" becomes larger as I try harder to go around them. When I finally give up and am forced to move behind them again, they close the "V", so I'm looking at butts again. In case you are having a hard time visualizing this, I create an animation to help you out.

Here is a stick figure animation of the "V" pattern:
V


Here is a stick figure animation of what I want to do:
V runover

2 comments:

Laura said...

I just snarfed my pizza. Thanks.

Becky M. said...

I don't think i've ever commented before, have i? BUT i've been following your blog for about a yr now, and I just had to comment because your animations almost made me choke on a pretzel! You should give more warning when somethings going to be really funny, LOL :)