Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Evan My Heaven

That's what I call him. Don't know why, just do. He is just so great. Takes in everything with those big eyes. Doesn't even want to go to sleep because he might miss something.

Last week we found out that he will need open heart surgery in April or May. His little heart isn't getting any better. The hole in it is not getting smaller like we had hoped. Too much blood is escaping into the wrong part of the heart, causing it to expand. We are giving him medicine until then and he seems to be doing well on them. He already gained 8 ozs in 5 days. He is eating a little better.

We were very upset, of course, but we realize that if the surgery makes him better than we can get through this. I thought moving to Georgia for awhile would be fun, but I guess it will probably be a stress mess. I will keep y'all updated!

See next blog for comic relief!!

No comments: