Thursday, November 12, 2009

Countdown to Pollicization

In 4 days I get to see my mom and have a fun day. That night I will pack Evan's froggy bit-bit blankey, Mickey Mouse, and boy baby doll into his backback and give him his last sips of liquid until after the surgery. In 5 days (Nov. 17th), I will be waiting and waiting at Seattle Children's Hospital while Evan is having his complicated little surgery. I will probably be in the cafeteria shoving my face with french silk pie and espresso to make the pain go away. (Yes, I already checked and they DO have french silk pie and espresso.) I did the same thing with Krispy Kreme donuts when Evan was having his heart surgery.

I'm hoping that I get to be with him when they put him under. I was told at the pre-op appointment that I probably would be. He's so emotional and is latched onto me a lot. I hope I am there when he wakes up. He's going to be in a lot of pain. The pain meds might make him sick. It will take a few days to figure all that out.

He will be in a cast, then a splint for quite some time and will only be able to use his little arm. As long as he isn't feeling bad, we are going to go back to school the week after Thanksgiving. He's my little social man and I think it will be good for him.

Well, wish us luck and I will update on the 17th after it is all over!

1 comment:

Laura said...

You probably know better than me that with anesthesia it's key that they go under when in a good/pleasant/happy mood rather than a scared one because they wake up in the mood they were in when they went under, but magnified. If I know you then they will take one look at your Mamma Bear face and say "this bitch ain't leaving until we pry his sleeping form from her arms." I will be sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear how things went. Give the kids an extra squeeze from us please.