Thursday, November 6, 2008

We are here!

We made it to New London, CT a couple of days ago, via Durham, Annapolis, and Nanuet, NY. We took our time so the kids wouldn't go too nuts. And the Navy paid, so why not? The house we are living in is a furnished victorian home near the ocean (or the sound), which the owner promised was not haunted. He had never even thought of that, he said, and that sounds just crazy to me. But I believe in that stuff. He told me he hopes that he doesn't get a call from me saying we want out of there 'cause of ghosts. I told him I would just call Ghostbusters.

We've settled in already, we are just waiting for the cribs and high chairs to be delivered. And the fence. Man, that fence is a life saver. I don't know how my mom did it without one. There is no way I could get anything done if I didn't have that thing. E & A only want to go where they shouldn't be going. Of course.

Evan started therapy today. I lit a fire under someones butt and got it started again immediately. I keep being told that I need a case manager and it never happens. I can't trust anyone to come through for Evan but me. I just wish the military (or their contracted health insurers) cared a little more about doing the right thing for their kids with problems. I'm always pushed off to the next person. I finally got a nurse manager to help me. So now we are good until we move to WA. In other words, I have to light another butt fire already in January. I wonder if they sell cases of lighter fluid at Sams Club...

No comments: